20 credits at level HE4
An introduction to the practical applications of digital image making, and the creative
potential of Adobe CS,
The development of key digital skills, research and journal presentation methods.
The basic techniques of using digital graphics software and peripherals
Scanning, cropping and manipulating images.
The technical, and aesthetic challenges of digital image making
The contextual development of contemporary digital imagery for print and screen
The module is introduced and developed via lectures, seminars and tutorials. A range
of digital media demonstrations take place throughout,
Practical assignment and journal work is assessed as 100% of the mark.
Approximately 70% of contact time is spent on practical work and the remaining 30%
on lectures, demonstrations and seminar discussion.
The major practical components will be the creation of a range of digital projects. A
PDF format module journal covering the creative and technical processes is produced
in SDS time.
Verbal and written feedback will be given for each practical assignment as completed,
and all work assessed as one submission
when you have successfully completed this module you will:
to demonstrate that you have achieved the learning outcome you will:
|1.||Understand the concept of digital image making and enhancement within illustration for print||Produce a range of practical creative outcomes via digital means|
|2.||Be aware of the appropriate use of the featured programs||Combine type, illustrated image and layout which demonstrate understanding of appropriate software|
|3.||Understand the requirements of journal writing and graphic presentation||Demonstrate subject understanding and research in a digitally generated journal|
|4.||4. Understand the process of enhancing drawn images through digital means||Submit practical work which demonstrates the enhancement and manipulation of drawn work for print|
Your achievement of the learning outcomes for this module will be tested as follows:
Before taking this module you must have successfully completed the following:
and/or be taking the following corequisite modules:
You cannot take this module if you are taking or have taken:
Adobe Illustrator : Classroom in a Book Adobe Systems Inc 2005
Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Systems Inc 2005
Cuenca M & Lewinter R, Mastering InDesign, Sybex 1999
K.Eismann/D.Nelson Photoshop restoration and retouching 2004
Photoshop7 down and dirty tricks New Riders 2004
Seegmiller.D. Digital Character Design & Painting Charles River Media 2003
For current reading lists please refer to Pathway Handbook and Module Documents
|Host Subject Group:||Art and Design|
|User Name||Date Accessed||Action|