20 credits at level HE4
This module is designed to cover the Health and Safety requirements, which the student must understand and adhere to with regard to working safely.
In addition to a formal structured programme of lessons /activities, learning will be facilitated using case studies, videos and practical activities. All activities will be supported by learning resource materials produced for the module and available as work based learning packages.
The module will be assessed by means of a portfolio of evidence designed to demonstrate the student's fulfilment of an individually negotiated learning contract for the module. The learning contract will require students to demonstrate their understanding of health and safety in the workplace.
when you have successfully completed this module you will:
to demonstrate that you have achieved the learning outcome you will:
|1.||Demonstrate an understanding of the health and safety legislation||
- Define and explain health and safety requirements
- State individuals level of responsibility· Classify safety apparatus
|2.||Identify hazards in the workplace||Recognise and identify potential hazards in the work environment|
|3.||Apply safe working practices||
- Outline the organisational rules and regulations
- State current H & S legislation applicable in the workplace
|4.||Show an understanding of H & S procedures & show a need for legislation in respect of H&S.||
- Explain the relevance of H & S procedures in the workplace
- Demonstrate the ability to follow H & S procedures in the workplace
|5.||Gather information using a variety of sources and use it to produce work of an appropriate standard.||
- Gather information using a variety of sources
- Use information appropriately in the context of health and safety
- Produce work which is referenced in an appropriate academic format
Your achievement of the learning outcomes for this module will be tested as follows:
There are no prerequisites for this module.
No restrictions apply.
Textile Outlook International
|Host Subject Group:|
|User Name||Date Accessed||Action|